Monday 11 May 2015

To the Unknown Soldier

We have been doing letters for inquiry in our class to a unknown soldier for Anzac Day,Here is my letter...

Dear unknown soldier,As I write this letter to you, I am sitting in my classroom on the high table with friends thinking about all the gun shots, all the darkness and blood. Just all plain black and grey. I am unlike you. Safe, not worried and free away from war. Able to run, laugh, smile. I am 10 years old. I wanted to write this letter to you so I    can express my thoughts.Were you in world war 1 or world war 2? How did you feel saying goodbye to your family? Did you have a wife and kids or any parents who were happy and helpful who went to war and came back with unhappy faces and who came back really grumpy and sad. Thanks to you now that I’m free and safeIts not at all fair that you go and we get protected! Were you conscripted? I have learnt that the women's have studied to be nurses to help bandage and plaster broken bodies.I also learnt that when you get medals passed on through the family and you want to wear it you put it on the right side of your t-shirt, when you earn it you put it on the left side.What went through your mind when you saw dead people around      you?I can not imagine coping seeing dead people. In the darknessno trees, just empty.Did you suffer? Thank you for fighting for our country,Today we remember you.


No comments:

Post a Comment